Little Surprises



Today, a friend of mine handed this gift to me, telling me that it was from the manager of their team. I was actually surprised at how random this gift was, but at the same time it made me really happy.

Before leaving for work later, I went to the manager's desk to thank him for the gift. He told me that the reason for this is that in Japan, March 3 is the day for the Hinamatsuri, also called Doll's Day or Girl's Day. 

This was nothing grand or extravagant, but it was enough to make me happy and love Japan and my work even more. 


Actually, just last month (January 31), while I was changing in the women's dressing room, one co-worker of mine noticed that my feet were small and she gave me her shoes saying she "only used it once" and it doesn't fit her so I can have it.



I really love how thoughtful the Japanese people are and I just can't help but admire them more and more as these little acts of kindness take place. Japan's captivating landscapes and architecture are not the only reason it's so damn beautiful, but its people contribute to it the most after all. 


0 Comments