My First Japanese Business Letter


Last Sunday was my first time to write a Japanese business letter. I have emailed my Japanese employers before, but only in English. I finally decided that day that it was about time I up my game and show my employers the progress I have been making ever since the start of the training. To my dismay, I only found out how I have yet to learn many things regarding the Japanese culture and language. Good thing our Nihongo sensei Miss Glaiza helped me out. 

The letter was about me asking for permission to take a leave for a day in October because my thesis has been accepted in a competition. YES, A COMPETITION in Busan, South Korea - YES, KOREA. 

I was too hopeful and too excited to go to Korea to talk about the thesis I have worked so hard during the last year of my undergraduate life. But later that day, the HR emailed me saying that I may not.

Well, I guess it's okay. You can't always have everything you want in life... :) good thing my thesis adviser said he could go on behalf of me. At the end of the day, our paper would still be published in a journal. Hence, would be MY FIRST ACADEMIC PUBLICATION. It still something to be proud and thankful for. :)

Here's the letter:


1 Comments

  1. Revisiting this content after three years and found myself cringing so hard at my Japanese emailing skills back then. HAHAHAHA. I ~bit~ proud that I have come a long way and my emails now are not as bad as this one HAHAHAHAH my bad for this content HAHAHAH :D

    ReplyDelete