I envy the good writers.

I often find myself opening this platform, but I always end up just staring at a blank page, because every word I come up with seems to be dull, not good enough or not worthy of being published. I envy the good writers of emotions.

I sometimes look at other people's blogs and wonder why my words aren't woven as perfectly as theirs, or how their emotions are intricately described when I couldn't even take time to make my phrases remotely attractive for my few to non-existing readers. I often justify my lack of writing skills by saying I'm just a straightforward person when it comes to my emotions, but in reality, I sometimes wish I could write my thoughts beautifully.

Growing up and winning awards on conferences on journalism made me think that I was a good writer, but reading enough made think otherwise. Well, one could argue that practice makes perfect, but I have been writing for as long as I can remember and until now, I still feel like I'm vanilla.

I could just suck it up at this point and blame my lack of vocabulary skills -which is probably showing haha - but that would make me not write anymore and I am faaar from giving up writing as one of my half-assed hobbies. :>

I'll kid myself and convince her that emotions aren't meant to be written ~exquisitely~, but rather expressed in the words you can currently muster, and I'd have to settle with that. For now.

0 Comments