Lesson 2: Self Introduction


Self Introduction (じこしょうかい)

Here’s an example of a simple Japanese Self - Introduction that you may use when you are to introduce yourself in a class or you just want to impress your Japanese employers in an initial interview (even though you still really have a little background in the language).


はじめまして。
Hajimemashite.
Nice to meet you.

わたし は (なまえ)と もうします。
Watashi wa (namae) to moushimasu.
I am (name).

(ニクネーム) と よんで ください。
(Nikune-mu) to yonde kudasai.
Please call me (nickname).

フィリピンじん です。
Firipinjin desu.
I am Filipino.

フィリピン の (じゅうしょ)から まいりました。
Firipin no (place of residence) kara mairimashita.
I came from (place of residence), Philippines.

どうぞ よろしく おねがいします。
Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
Please treat me kindly, as I will treat you kindly.*

* Does not really have a direct translation, but you may think about it that way.



For example,

          Hajimemashite.
          Watashi wa Cutillon, Ronalaine to moushimasu.
          Rona to yonde kudasai.
          Firipinjin desu.
          Firipin no Quezon shi (Japanese for city) kara mairimashita.
          Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.


You may also add the following, but usually, the ones above are sufficient:

  • Expertise/Course
               せんこう は (せんこう)です。
               Senkou wa (senkou) desu.
               My course is (course).

               せんもん は (せんも)です。
               Senmon wa (senmon) desu.
               My area of expertise is (expertise). 

  • Education
               (がっこう) の がくせい です
              (Gakkou) no gakusei desu.
               I am a student of (school).

               (がっこう) の そつぎょしました。
              (Gakkou) no sotsugyoushimashita.
              I graduated from (school). 

  • Hobbies/Likes
               しゅみ は(しゅみ)です
              Shumi wa (shumi) desu.
               My hobby is (hobby).

               (こと) が すき です。
              (Koto) ga suki desu.
              I like (thing).

0 Comments